Sunday 9 April 2023

Day Nine #NaPoWriMo 2023

Dear Readers,

Wishing you a fabulous Sunday and Happy Easter to all those who are celebrating.

The(optional) prompt on Day Nine of #Na/GloPoWriMo encourages the poet to write a sonnet.

But first, I'd like to share a poem I read a few minutes ago. It's the featured poem for Day Eight on NA/GloWriPoMo site and it's unmissable. You can read it here : To Create...

There's something about structure that makes me want to rebel. But this year (perhaps it's a sign of ageing or acceptance--I don't know) I'm giving structure in poetry a go.

The sonnet I wrote follows the general rule of 14 lines and it's about love. Plus, I tried to follow the following rhyming scheme: ABBA, ABBA, CDECDE.

I've removed it from the post as it's a first draft of sorts. 
picture taken in July 2021 in Oregon.


**********
I'd recommend reading Adam O'Riordan's article, 'The Sonnet as a Silver Marrow Spoon' published by Poetry Foundation if you'd like to write a sonnet yourself.

5 comments:

  1. Hilarious moment--and precise description of how a careless word can wound. What I find endearing is the child's innocence. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful poem, Arti - I love it! "Nothing made sense till everything did." That is such a perfect capture of innocence. And as for "...Love has always made a fool of me" - that is truly stellar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deborah. I was hopeful for your visit today--for there is lavender (violet) and the bee (you) in this post:) So glad you came, Cheers. xx

      Delete
  3. Hari OM
    (the post that got away... Blogger can be so *&$("&)($& tardy sometimes!)

    I had a wry smile as I read this, the innocence being told off and the truth being swept away as prepsoterousness... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave your thoughts and comments here.