Wednesday 12 April 2023

Day Twelve of #NaPoWriMo 2023

Dear Readers,

The (optional) prompt of Day Twelve of #Na/GloWriPoMo challenges the poet...

to write a poem that addresses itself or some aspect of its self (i.e., “Dear Poem,” or “what are my quatrains up to?”; “Couplet, come with me . . .”) This might seem a little “meta” at first, or even kind of cheesy. But it can be a great way of interrogating (or at least, asking polite questions) of your own writing process and the motivations you have for writing, and the motivations you ascribe to your readers.

This poem has expired.


*********************



6 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    ...a concept arose
    that words equal prose
    no! they are more and can combine
    as here
    (with or without wine)
    to expand and dilate
    leave the poet to her fate
    take on a life of my own
    a gathering poem...

    Which means, yes, I liked it and was inspired! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love. Love. Love your gathering poem. Thank you Yamini:)

      Delete
  2. Lovely! As always your words are magical and touch the heart ♥️ 👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this one Arti! And the instructions - I'm literally swooning at the perfectness of them. I'm pretty sure Poems are very proud of you for figuring this out.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave your thoughts and comments here.