Wednesday 25 April 2018

V is for Vintage #AtoZChallenge

"Did you bring any body lotion with you?" asked the husband as he stepped out of the bathroom after taking a shower.

"You didn't ask. Besides, we're in a hotel. You'll be fine." I replied.

I happened to travel out of Doha to join my husband for the weekend. He'd been away for over a week. He had a free weekend in between his work commitments. 

"Why don't you join me?"He had called on Friday.

A to Z, I thought and then figured that I could carry on posting as long as I carried my laptop with me. The flights looked wide open to avail of staff discount.

So here I was. With him. Talking over the sound of running water, I was telling him what he should do with his free Sunday now that I'd made the supreme effort of joining him when he asked for the lotion. He's fond of the one he uses and usually carries it with him. This time he forgot to pack it.

The day's decisions were made, unanimously, of course. 

I entered the bathroom to shower.

"This body lotion is so smooth. It literally glides." I cooed to the tiny hotel bottle and got dressed.

Monday morning. He stepped out of the bathroom holding the almost empty bottle of body lotion in his hand.

"Is this the lotion you used yesterday?" I should've known. His honey eyes were twinkling.

"Hmm...why?"

"Well, it says hair conditioner on the bottle... thought you might like to know." He continued despite the soft chuckles that were beginning to muffle his words a bit. 

"You're so vintage Mrs. Jain." he guffawed at his own joke and almost tripped over his briefcase lying next to the desk.

Bless the Lord that I was keeping my eyes and ears open for V and all I heard was : Vintage!

He escaped to work unhurt. 

I cleaned my reading glasses and flipped the laptop open to write the T Post.
The venue of the pictures above will be revealed tomorrow with W. 
So you'll have to wait.
This one fit so well with his 'so vintage' remark  that I just had to use it today.
******
Any vintage moments you'd like to share?
Vintage wine kinda moments are welcome too.
I haven't been able to visit some of you on account of travel. But I'm back in Doha now, so I will be stopping by to say Hi:)

28 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Oh crikey, I do my best to forget the 'vintage' moments! you may, however, have found a new use for a product I never use!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun you got a little unexpected getaway Arti.

    I love your little lotion faux pas. I have a vintage memory of a product mix up of my own. When we were kids, my sister and I were happily mixing batter for cookies - probably our first time unsupervised now that I consider it. When it came time to add the vanilla to the batter, I went into the pantry and grabbed the brown bottle and hurriedly poured in a measure. Only after it was thoroughly mixed in, did I actually look at the label and see it was cough syrup not vanilla. We swore each other to secrecy and went ahead and baked the cookies. They were terrible tasting. On the other hand, no one coughed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the cough syrup story. No one coughed and they all slept really well that night, I assume;)

      Delete
  3. Ha, it's those little moments that we always remember. Hope you had a nice break :-)
    https://iainkellywriting.com/2018/04/25/v-is-for-vienna-austria/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did Iain, thank you. It was full of cherry blossoms:)

      Delete
  4. An easy mistake to make and an amusing one to boot! Nice one.

    A-Z of My Friend Rosey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. More than I care to admit, when I don't bring shampoo and go to buy some, I buy conditioner by mistake! Then, I end up washing my hair with motel soap, and conditioning it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! HA! So this is a global phenomenon:)
      Thank you for stopping by Lisa.

      Delete
  6. Oh my god this is hilarious Arti- Vintage moment indeed!! I cant think of any to add here yet.

    W is for Wildings #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers for stopping by to share a chuckle Shalini:)

      Delete
  7. I loved your story and I'm glad it turned out ok. I've made the mistake of using shower gel as body lotion - don't ask how - I think I need to wear my specs in the shower too - and wondered why I felt so sticky all day. Your little holiday sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best part is Kalpana, I didn't feel any different. In fact, my arms smelled citrusy all day long so I was really pleased:)

      Delete
  8. Wow, a new use for hotel conditioner! I swear sometimes my skin dries out just because I've entered a hotel with no lotion. Now I have a solution. Thank you, Vintage Arti!

    Emily In Ecuador

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is toooooo funny Emily: "I swear sometimes my skin dries out just because I've entered a hotel with no lotion." Made me laugh out loud. Cheers for that. xx

      Delete
    2. Laughter is always good. Thanks, Arti :)

      Delete
  9. Happy arti, I remereme drinking whisky in my friends house thinking it was coca cola kept in small bottle.. Poor we, neither we knew colour of whisky well nor coca cola :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! HA! the important question is Pooja, did you like the taste? I'm a single malt girl. Just so you know:)
      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. Hahaha. That was a fun read. Glad that it was a conditioner instead of a body wash. I have used the conditioner as a moisturizer. Had to take the shower again :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't feel any different after slathering on the conditioner Shilpa: spent the entire Sunday exploring outdoors. May be I'm thick skinned after all:)

      Delete
  11. Cute and serendipitous!

    Beth
    https://bethlapinsatozblog.wordpress.com/2018/04/27/x-ercise/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I find it difficult to laugh at myself and admire people who are able to see themselves for who they are and accept all the idiosyncracies that make them who they are. :)

    I know I am being extra philosophical when your post was so light hearted. But had to say it.

    I think I have had tooo many vintage moments in my youth! Wearing clothes inside out, forgetting my cell phone in the car too many times, leaving manny other things at various times at various places. Now I've decided to go ahead and lose myself in my words... ;) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! The bliss of losing oneself---wherever it may be, in words or in silence--enjoy it dear Ashwini.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave your thoughts and comments here.