Monday 19 August 2013

Who am I?

Honestly, I don't know. When I was nineteen, I was sure of who I was and what I wanted from life. Twenty three years later, I seem to have harvested more questions than answers about myself. However, I have come to the conclusion that I am the sum total of all my ordinary moments- hence, this blog.

For the purposes of sounding sane, let me introduce myself. I currently live in Doha, Qatar with my husband and two teen age children- a beautiful daughter who composes and sings and a son who loves to cook- yes, I am blessed. I am a teacher by profession but I like to think of myself as a creative spirit- too lazy to fit into a tag line.

Few of my favourite things are:
Travelling, gardening, reading, listening to music, writing and watching movies.

Spending time with my husband and my children (when all of us are in a happy mood-you know how rare that can be with teenagers!) fills me with joy.

Adjectives that I wish were not used to describe me but sadly do...
Procrastinator, champion sufferer of buyer's remorse and in terms of a Superhero: "Captain Nagpants", but then again nagging really is a mother's forte.

Lately, I have been toying with the idea of finding me in the crowd of roles I play as a mother, a wife and all the other labels that I have been using to describe myself. Writing has always helped me to clarify my thoughts and to move from the chaos of the mundane to a sense of calm. I hope that by logging my ordinary moments I will be able to get a sense of who I really am.

You can reach me on -myordinarymoments@gmail.com or leave your comments here.

8 comments:

  1. Bravo,Arti! Enjoyed reading it. Great way to find a release for all the creative juices sloshing around in your head. Wonderful.....keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support Ruchita and I will clarify that the teenagers I live with are my children.

      Delete
  2. Arti,
    I LOVED reading your blog! I am thrilled to be your Minnesota friend you noted. I actually teared up when I read it. I enjoyed your company so much when you came to visit. It was so nice to know you enjoyed your trip.
    You have a way with words, Ari; descriptive and eloquent (a skill I lack, but so appreciate).
    Keep blogging! I can't wait to read more!
    Your Minnesota friend,
    Kirstin xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kirstin. Your kind words mean a lot to me. Your hospitality and recommendations made our trip to the North Shore a memorable one. I will cherish these warm memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, Arti! Very, very well-done! 'The sum total of my ordinary moments' - that's great phrasing. You obviously have a flair for writing and should nurture that part of you. Concentrate on this gift - I guess the rest of the 'sum total' can go for a walk once in a while. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to read Kiran. Coming from a published author, these words of encouragement mean a lot.

      Delete
  5. Congrats Arti! Your writings are very clear and expressive so they connect easily. Looking forward to hear more of your heart touching moments. God bless!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave your thoughts and comments here.