Thursday 22 August 2013

The Scenic Route- Highway 61

We drove from Duluth to Grand Marais on the 13th of July 2013. I had read about the Grand Marais Arts Festival and I had to steer my family in that direction without too much resistance from them. Although the women in our family are very fond of appreciating art and can do so from sunrise to sunset with a few cups of coffee to keep us going, strangely (and this always boggles my mind) the two men (husband and son) find it a waste of time. So the promise of World's Best Donuts (as recommended by our Duluthian friends) helped me in my cunning plan to not only get the men to the Art Festival but one of them even did the driving...you gotta do what you gotta do for the sake of Art.

Scoffing down sensational Scizzles with steaming hot coffee- HEAVEN!


Check out  http://www.worldsbestdonutsmn.com in case you are planning a trip to the North Shore.


The Arts Festival was a treat, too- details on: http://www.grandmaraisartcolony.org


Fortified with donuts and coffee, we made our way to Judge C.R. Magney State Park and burnt off the extra calories hiking 'The Devil's Kettle of the Brule River' trail. I'll let the pictures do the talking...














......to be continued.....

6 comments:

I would love to hear from you. Please leave your thoughts and comments here.