Monday 7 May 2018

Reflection post #AtoZChallenge

Is this the sun
reflected in water?
Or
have the waves given birth to many suns?
Or
Are stars skinny dipping in broad daylight
to refresh and relight
before they go back up to twinkle in the night sky?

Coruscant! Deborah may say.
What will you?
*****
This year's A to Z has been the most enjoyable one for me. This is my third year of diving in unprepared (just like the previous two times). So what was different this time round? I reckon it's the rhythm of this year's challenge that I stumbled upon quite by accident which made it such a treat despite the demands of posting daily.

April started with family visiting, so I had limited hours each day in which to post and visit. As a result, I didn't seek out too many bloggers--just four or five to read every day. By the end of that first week, I had fallen into a comfortable pattern of visiting bloggers who'd visited me and some whose comments on other bloggers' posts made me want to visit them.

This year, my heart's desires were more about seeing than being seen. So, after writing and  posting, I allotted my time to visit the blogs which pulled me towards them. I will be sharing a list of those in this post.

I'm a blogger and the reason I share what I write is because I do enjoy being seen. So, no-- I'm not heading to the hills to become a hermit just yet. But, there was a sense of calm that I felt this year. If I got comments, it was awesome and if I didn't, that was fine too. I visited the blogs I enjoyed at different times of the day.

Mornings were usually set aside for reflective posts from :
Yamini who ignited a desire within to explore Advaita Vedanta 
Susan who introduced me to Lilith
Deborah offered new old words and perfumed my mornings with her fragrant writing
and Beth provided the morning stretches.

Humour and giggles were provided by:
So anytime I needed a little respite, I'd visit them.

Evenings were spent with a cup of tea and fiction set in the EU with Iain Kelly and
sometimes discovering new weird things like a diamond prince in a rubber suit with  ZALKA CSENGE VIRÁG.

Post dinner time which till March was Netflix time, got assigned to visiting my blogging friends from last year's challenge: 
Jz who can make you laugh out loud with a post on zucchini--trust me.
Emily who was awarded the title of the Ambassador of all things wonderful from Ecuador by Deborah. 

This year I added the blogs I enjoyed to my blog roll, so it was easier to visit whenever I could snatch snippets of time in between washing dishes and tempering daal with cumin and curry leaves.

I met a bunch of talented bloggers from India:
Shilpa's travel inspired posts gave me some very useful tips.
Seema's art and words made me want to pack my bags and head out to India--such amazing talent.
Shalini's love of books criss-crossed my path and made me happy.
Kalpana writes and photographs and with the magic of her photos managed to convince me that I must see Delhi with fresh eyes.

And then there was poetry and lyrical verse: whimsical, beautiful, sometimes direct, sometimes wavy...
and
Lissa whose words and art are moon dust--whimsical and poignant, magical and real.

I couldn't visit TamaraShirley and Kristin as often as I'd have liked to. Thank you girls for dropping by:)

And then there is my old blogging buddy April who I visited the least number of times in April. I love her writing and she's a beautiful soul. I reckon I'll let April spread over my summer while I play catch up with all the missed posts.

Thank you for your visits Eva and Pinkz:) 

I met Ashwini on Z. So, I've not had a chance to visit her properly. 

I hope that the abundance of April will spill over into the rest of the year and we'll continue to meet and visit each other.

It's been an amazing month of seeing and learning. I'm grateful to all you generous souls who took the time to visit me. If you left a comment, it made me very happy. And if you read or looked at the photos and let me into your day for a few minutes, and didn't sign your presence, it made me happy too.  And if you chose not to stop by, that was cool as well. When it's time, it's time.

A Big Thank You to all the organizers.

As I said, it's been an awesome April. I'm grateful and so is my heart. 
May your days sparkle like stars 
and 
May your nights keep you safe
and 
May the in-between hours be filled with magic.
*****
A list of A to Z that was a gift of April---in case you're in the mood to read or browse:)
Art bought from a tiny shop in Phnom Penh:
artist unknown
 joy of journey: known, felt and relished.

15 comments:

  1. And I looked forward to seeing what you came up with each day... always thoughtful and lovely! :-)
    (thank you!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just said on another blog that the a-z challenge is great for discovering new blogs and I think it's a great way to spread blog love. I'm sure I wouldn't even known of your blog without the challenge. I'm glad the challenge existed.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that the challenge made us meet Lissa. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. A most fabulous photo Arti, and a delightful reflections post. Entirely coruscant indeed! I'm going to have to keep my eyes peeled (and my ears sharpened) to find the exact word I want to describe you and this series - some wonderful combination of serene beauty, vibrant color, and laugh-out-loud adventuring, all wrapped up in welcoming warmth.

    I love the attitude you approached this challenge with, and think that knowing what you want out of something really helps shape what you get.

    Thank you for the kind mention, and for the list of bloggers you were enjoying; how fun to hear how you apportioned your time and reading patterns. That sense of rhythm is quite appealing, and I'll be thinking about that. And wishing you many sparks and sparkles of joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deborah. Feeling your warmth and your love. The heart is full of gratitude and smiles:)

      Delete
  4. Love your reflection post, Arti. It feels like I just spent each day of April with you just through this read. Well, I did spend April with you but now I know I was in your evening spot. How nice that I was there with Jz. Thank you for replacing Netflix with us. I am glad I did not know that ahead of time - Netflix is tough competition!

    The way you divided up your day with blogs is super cool and something I might try next year.

    My favorite this year was reading Head Wash Day. I can still picture the boys playing with their hair flying.

    Thank you for writing in a way that transports me, Arti. Congratulations on a fantastic A to Z!

    And thanks for cerulean :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cerulean will forever be a colour that'll sums up our friendship in blogosphere Emily: bright and sunny and happy:)

      Delete
    2. E-
      Does that make us Popcorn for Arti's Soul, do you think?

      Delete
    3. Yes, Jz, it does! I love that :)

      Delete
  5. Hari om
    Arti, this was a wonderful roundup for the month! Thanks for your company through it and we will definitely continue to meet :-)
    YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful to see the reflection of the sunlight in the water as the twinkling stars...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. So glad you see them too:)

      Delete
  7. Hey Arti. Thank you for the mention. Congrats on completing this mammoth challenge! I went back and read quite a few of your posts. I truly enjoy your witty style of writing. I would like to get to know you better. That's why I have nominated you for the ‘Mysterious Blogger Award’. Visit my blog to know more: https://ashwinis-perceptions.blogspot.in/2018/05/the-mystery-deepens-mystery-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave your thoughts and comments here.